BWHM Annual Conference hailed Great Success
Close to 200 delegates gathered for the annual Black & White Hospitality conference.
Held at the firm’s North Somerset HQ at Cadbury House in Congresbury, franchisees from across the UK heard from the fast expanding firm’s team of hospitality experts and guest speakers.
Nick Taplin, Chairman and CEO of Black & White Hospitality, opened proceedings by outlining the current state of play in the sector. But despite news on a number of high-street closures and the rise of online food deliver services, the high-octane entrepreneur remained upbeat on the firm’s position and future prospects.
He also outlined the fact that the firm was fast approaching its fiftieth opening and seventh brand with the new Koffmann & Mr White’s in Bath.
Following lunch, delegates then split up into designated break out groups where they were shown the latest developments in the food, beverage and marketing sectors.
James Hacon, a leading brand, growth and development strategist for restaurant and hospitality brands, then gave delegates food for thought and advice on how each venue could drive its businesses forward.
The conference was then wrapped up with a Q&A session with Alex James, who rose to fame as the bassist with 90s Britpop group Blur, who has since forged a reputation as a master cheese maker.
Recounting tales of his time in the band, the musician turned cheesemaker spoke passionately about his love of cheese and the trials and tribulations to perfect his latest creation, Electric Blue.
Claiming that a pint of cider was a far better tipple than champagne, he claimed that the famous French fizz had just received better PR and wasn’t all that it was made up to be!
In the evening delegates were treated to a glittering Gatsby themed celebration dinner where restaurant teams and individuals from across the group were presented with awards for outstanding performance.
• MPW Brand Ambassador Award – Ruth Parkin (Steakhouse Durham)
• MPW Guest Experience Award – Steakhouse Hull
• Black & White Support Award – Jennie MacKenzie (Training Manager)
• MPW Sales Campaign Award – Steakhouse Birmingham
• MPW Training Recognition Award – Wheeler’s Liverpool
• MPW Team Member of the Year – Jade Kelsall (Bardolino Birmingham)
• MPW Most Improved Restaurant 2018 – Steakhouse Cambridge
• MPW New Restaurant of the Year – Steakhouse Cardiff
• MPW Restaurant of the Year – Steakhouse Plymouth